[TOS] Redesign complete

Mel Chua mel at purdue.edu
Sat Mar 3 19:48:59 UTC 2012

As fate would have it, I finished this on my plane ride *away* from
SIGCSE. But, anyhow.

http://mchua.fedorapeople.org/teachingopensource-web/

which is a direct clone of
https://github.com/mchua/teachingopensource-web -- patches now easier to
make, and just as welcome.

Astute viewers of the page and the html source of index.html will
observe that...

* I've created a new logo variant, because the current logo's text
becomes microscopically unreadable when sized to fit the header

* there are commented-out swaths throughout, most notably for "I want an
events feed to go here" and "I want recent Planet posts to go here" at
the bottom. Still waiting for someone with javascript, php, or whatever
ninjahood needs to occur to make that happen, but the page still looks
pretty good without it.

* I have completely punted on the question of "who owns the copyright on
this?"

* I made up lots of content; people may disagree with it (if so, please
edit or comment on how you'd like it to change -- I just wanted it to go
up with *something*).

Discuss, and/or implement.

--
Mel Chua
mel at purdue.edu
PhD student, Open Source & Education focus
Purdue University, Dept. of Engineering Education