[TOS] Seb Benthall on FOSS vs academic culture

tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Fri Mar 9 16:13:28 UTC 2012

When Mel opened this discussion, I considered modifying her recitation
of Sebastian's summary so it reflected my observations of the
Corporate world.  I rapidly came to the conclusion I couldn't be as
succinct because I don't believe it is possible to pigeon hole humans
accurately.

All the groups we construct to understand the assets and deficits of
our human interactions are abstractions.  It is easier to find an
exception to our model in any group than it is to find the exemplar.

My experience includes Flame Wars based on Cults of Personality
promoted by Star Players as well as Heated Discussions based on
Factual Analysis with Deep Thinkers, no matter which human group I
thought I represented.

Please continue to think deeply.