[TOS] Learning Through Service workshops

tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net tosmail20110729.neophyte_rep at ordinaryamerican.net
Wed Mar 14 16:45:34 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Mel Chua - mel at purdue.edu wrote:
>> Have you corresponded with Mr Swan about a possible alliance or
>> guidance in acquiring NSF funding or anything else of possible mutual
>> benefit?
>

> Nope, but I forwarded this to the list in part so that folks here could pick
> up on that conversation it they're interested. :) I'm totally not the right
> person to have conversations about grants/funding (as a grad student I'm not
> even allowed to be PI on anything).

Thank you for the additional information about grad student status.

Corporate environments implement a similar status for recent hires.  I
am under the impression that Silicon Valley style looks for the folks
who can be the lead on a project.  The ultimate version of that is
probably an undergraduate that decides to drop out and form a startup.

I am fairly confident there are some here who have applied for
National Science Foundation (NSF) funding for their research.  Could
someone spearhead a request for a grant for any of the Teaching Open
Source initiatives?