[TOS] Statistics/Papers about Open Source at Universities?

Gregorio Robles grex at gsyc.urjc.es
Tue Sep 11 15:26:51 UTC 2012

  Hi,

2012/9/11 Carol Smith <carols at google.com>:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have searched around in a bunch of different places, but I haven't found
> anything exactly relevant. I was wondering if you folks might have any links
> to any papers or research about the percent of universities that are
> teaching open source software as part of the computer science education
> and/or those which are using open source in general in their university.
> I've found lots of resources that indicate that it's important to use open
> source, but I have yet to find any specific papers with percentages of those
> teaching/using it.

  in Spain they made ranking of universities regarding free software,
considering 37 criteria, among them teaching, research support. It is
sorrily only available in Spanish:

http://www.cenatic.es/hemeroteca-de-cenatic/2-cenatic-en-la-red/39935-rusl-el-ranking-de-las-universidades-espanolas-en-software-libre

  regards, Gregorio

--
Gregorio Robles              | Libre Software Engineering Lab (GSyC)
http://gsyc.urjc.es/~grex  | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos