[TOS] POSSE fund request: $940 each for Evelyn & Nannette from GGC

Mel Chua mel at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 25 21:02:00 UTC 2012

Harish: we've got $1880 of requests for POSSE funding (as you may
recall, the cutoff for spending grant money is February 1, 2013, so
there are a few months left on this).

Details are below, and are being sent to the TOS list (copied on this
email) for public archiving. They have been recorded on
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/Budget#In-progress_requests, and
I've verified that they're within the budget granted to each professor,
and within the requirements for how the money be spent. How would you
like to proceed with filing these (and is there a way you'd prefer to
process these grant requests in general?)

Nannette and Evelyn: my guess as to the easiest way to get these through
would be to get what you need for SIGITE (after getting a confirmation
from someone at Red Hat that you'll be reimbursed, if you're worried
about that) and then collect all the receipts into a single PDF, and
send an email to whoever takes up the reimbursement listing
dates/amounts/item for each receipt and providing a paypal address for
reimbursement. However, the person who ends up doing the financial
processing on the Red Hat side may have a different preferred way of
doing this, so we'll see what happens -- keep poking, though!

(Trying to do my best to move these things along. :)

--Mel

----

I would like to spend approximately $940 of POSSE funds for
transportation and registration to SIGITE 2012 in Calgary. Nannette
Napier and I have a poster based upon a study on FOSS testing. The title
is “Real-world Testing: Using FOSS for Software Development Courses”.

Thanks for your consideration.

Evelyn Brannock, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Information Technology/Chair of the Scholarship
Committee

Georgia Gwinnett College

1000 University Center Lane

Building C 2239

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

678-939-9007 (cell)

email: ebrannoc at ggc.edu

--
Mel Chua
mel at purdue.edu
PhD student, Open Source & Education focus
Purdue University, Dept. of Engineering Education