[TOS] ideas for research dissemination

Mel Chua mel at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 25 16:18:52 UTC 2013

> I recently became involved with an NSF-funded grant to study women of
>  color in STEM and SBS (social and behavioral science) fields in
> academia. I was wondering if you had an ideas for venues to
> disseminate the results.  This could be journals, workshops,
> conferences, etc. Specifically, some of our early work will compare
> the life histories of women of color in these fields, as well as
> experiences with students,

I mostly come from the STEM edu side. A few venues that come to mind...

Conferences:
* Frontiers in Education conference (STEM-focused, they do a good job
with nontraditional formats like workshops)
* Society of Women Engineers conference (might be a bit strange since I
don't think they usually do qualitative research here, but I feel like
you could make a good pitch)
* American Educational Research Association conference

Journals:
* Ethnography in Education
* Journal of Engineering Education (again, mostly for the STEM angle)
* Research in Higher Education
* International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education
* Educational Researcher