[TOS] Open source documentation conference

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Mon Mar 4 21:20:33 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm the organizer of a conference that has a heavy focus on open
source documentation and support effort. I brought this up on IRC,
and Chris Tyler recommended I email the list. I see other conference
announcements in the archives, so I hope this is acceptable.

The Open Help Conference & Sprints is a two-day conference on open
source and community-based documentation, followed by three days of
multiple team sprints. About half of the conference portion is devoted
to presentations. The rest is used for open, attendee-led discussion.

http://openhelpconference.com/

I realize Teaching Open Source is not a documentation group, but I
think technical communications has some overlap with educational work.
I'm sure we could learn a lot from educators who are working with open
source.

Thanks,

Shaun McCance
Community Help Expert   |   Open Help Conference
http://syllogist.net/   |   http://openhelpconference.com/