[TOS] Open source documentation conference

Mel Chua mel at purdue.edu
Tue Mar 5 02:09:08 UTC 2013

On 3/4/2013 4:20 PM, Shaun McCance wrote:
> http://openhelpconference.com/
>
> I realize Teaching Open Source is not a documentation group, but I
> think technical communications has some overlap with educational work.
> I'm sure we could learn a lot from educators who are working with open
> source.

Thanks for the heads-up, Shaun! Some of the faculty here teach writing-focused classes (journalism, technical writing, first-year seminars) so you've hit upon a good audience, although I'm not sure how many classes will be running during summer session. Best of luck with your gathering -- documentation writers are unsung heroes of the FOSS world, and we desperately need more good ones. (Also, QA people. And designers. And...)

--Mel