[TOS] CFP - OpenEd Jam - FLOSS + Education conference

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Tue Mar 11 14:31:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

A group of us are putting on a small open (source soft- and hard-ware)
-education conference in San Antonio, Texas in mid-July. Please take a
look (at the website and the CFP below) and think about submitting a
proposal. The educational emphases are K-16 as well as informal learning
spaces (e.g. libraries). http://openedjam.org/

Best regards,

Don

Hey everyone,

The gears are turning for OpenEd Jam, which is pretty exciting for
everyone involved. We would love it if you could please share this Call
for Proposals with anyone who may be interested in our event.

Kindly,
Mariah Noelle

We are looking for innovative freely and openly licensed education
resources for our first OpenEd Jam! Do you have an idea for an engaging
discussion, hands-on demonstration or interactive workshop that will
spark the community to create and use open education resources inside
and outside the classroom?

We're looking for activists, developers, educators, engineers,
librarians, and makers from all fields to come together for 3 days of
collaboration and discussion.

We have three tracks: Curriculum, Hardware and Software as well as
rounds of Lightning Talks.

The deadline to submit your proposal for OpenEd Jam is April 1st, 2014.

The proposals that we’ll select will consider:

Does the proposal advance the overall goal of the event?
Does the proposal give concrete value to participants?
Does the proposal offer collaboration within the open education community?
Is the proposal engaging?

Never facilitated a session at an event before? Don’t let that stop you!
We encourage proposals from folks who don’t often attend events and
we’re ready to support you to run an awesome session.

Create an account and click on "Create Session" on the right sidebar to
propose your session! www.openedjam.org

Questions? Contact Mariah Noelle Villarreal at mariah at openedjam.org

Please feel free to share this call far and wide!

~Adapted from Open Knowledge Festival "Propose a Session"

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License.

--
Mariah Noelle