[TOS] Wipe the wiki?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 22:11:14 UTC 2014

I've got "fix the wiki" on my immediate to-do list, which practically means next week. On Nov 19, 2014 5:01 PM, "Hislop,Gregory" <hislopg at drexel.edu> wrote:
Hi Karsten,

Last week we ran a POSSE at Red Hat and the issues with TOS came up several times.  In addition to the spam pages (and tons of spam accounts), the “count the cats” captcha required for creating an account is broken.

Tom Callaway, Gina Likins, Heidi Ellis and I discussed TOS status and hope to get some tasks going to improve things.  In my case, I’m going to look at the possibility of getting some student hours on this, but realistically, that probably means sometime in January given the term schedule.  If others can work on this sooner, I’m all for it.

I do think that the existing content pages should be saved.  While even those pages need tending, there’s some useful stuff there.  I also think we should move to a moderated approach to creating user accounts.

Cheers,

Greg Hislop