[TOS] Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing - Open Source Track
heidijcellis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 19:24:51 UTC 2015
Want to meet awesome women in technology? Submit your talk proposal now.
The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference will be held
October 14-16, 2015 in Houston, TX (http://gracehopper.org/2015/
Founded in 1996, the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing is an
annual conference that provides attendees with technical sessions covering
a wide range of subjects as well as a rich offering of professional
development sessions for attendees at all career levels.
We would like to invite presentations, lightening talks, panels, workshops,
and birds of a feather to the Open Source Track. Submissions that discuss
Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) development are welcomed and we are
looking for submissions that enable more interactions between presenters
and the audience. We’d like to see successful stories that encourage and
teach participants how to use and deploy the best about FOSS. Possible
- FOSS intellectual property, copyrights and licensing
- Non-Governmental Organizations and FOSS
- Incorporating FOSS within organization’s development lifecycle
- Lessons from FOSS for conventional development
- Successful stories about encouraging diversity in FOSS projects
- FOSS and social & humanitarian issues
- FOSS technologies, in particular how to use them or how to get started.
- Adoption/ use / acceptance of FOSS
- Dissemination / redistribution / crowdsourcing of FOSS systems
- Expanding scientific research and technology development methods
- Adopting innovation in FOSS projects
- Role of FOSS in ICT and sustainable development
- Learning, knowledge sharing, collaboration, control or conflict in
- FOSS usability, scalability, maintainability and other quality issues
- Talk or workshop on specific FOSS technologies, such as version control
To submit: http://gracehopper.org/call-for-participation/open-source/
Let me know if you have any questions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tos