[TOS] Journal that may be of interest

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Thu May 26 20:23:41 UTC 2016

For those of you who are in the System Administration education space, I just found out about this journal that seems to be squarely in the intersection of education and sysadmin, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Best,

Gina

https://www.usenix.org/jesa/call-for-articles

Call for Articles
The USENIX Journal of Education in System Administration (JESA), brings
together researchers, educators and experts from a variety of
disciplines, ranging from informatics, information technology, computer
science, networking, system administration, security, and pedagogics.
JESA seeks to publish original research on important problems in all
aspects of education in system administration. The mission of JESA is
therefore to be a body of peer-reviewed, high-quality work addressing
the challenges in system administration education.

Important Dates
Dates for Volume 2, Number 1
Submissions due: Friday, August 26 , 2016, 3:59 p.m. PDT
Initial notification to authors: Friday, September 9 , 2016
Second-round revisions due: Tuesday, October 4 , 2016
Final files due: Monday, October 10 , 2016

JESA Manuscript topics
Papers should contain original research in any area related to education
in system administration. Example topics include but are not limited to:

Teaching approaches
Defining learning outcomes
Teaching the soft skills needed by successful system administrators
Traversing theory and practical work in classes
Education programmes
Designing and managing lab environments
Gamification of education
Education in perspective to the profession
How new developments in the profession are adapted in the education
Student assessment and grading
The relationship between technical training and education

Submissions will be judged on originality, relevance, corre ctness, and
clarity.

-----
Gina Likins
University Outreach