[TOS] Women in Open Source Award

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 16:27:51 UTC 2016

Hi everyone -

Nominations for the Women in Open Source Award are now open! The award was created to highlight the contributions that women are making in open source and inspire a new generation to get involved.

Also, a s you may remember, Heidi Ellis was one of the five finalists for the award in the Community track in 2015 -- the first year the award was given! -- an enormous honor ( http://www1.wne.edu/news/2016/03/women-in-open-source.cfm ).

Information about the nomination process is here: redhat.com/womeninopensource , and nominations are open until November 23. There are two tracks: an Academic track for full-time students and a Community track for all others.

We would love to see more folks from the academic community represented -- both at the Community level and in the Student track -- so please let me know if you have any questions about the nomination process!

Best,

Gina

-----
Gina Likins
University Outreach, Open Source and Standards
Red Hat
100 E. Davie St.; Raleigh, NC 27601
glikins at redhat.com
(919)890-8322 or internally 48322