[TOS] STEM education in K-12 with Open Source focus

Charlie Reisinger charlie at pennmanor.net
Tue Sep 20 23:14:26 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel-

Our students use open source software every day. Penn Manor’s entire K-12 student laptop fleet runs Linux and open source software exclusively. And our district has replaced the majority of our infrastructure with FLOSS alternatives to proprietary school systems. Red Hat produced a lovely documentary about our program: https://www.redhat.com/en/open-source-stories/penn-manor.

You may be interested in our Student Help Desk Blog; the articles are all student generated: http://blogs.pennmanor.net/1to1/.

I’d be happy to exchange more ideas.

Charlie

--