[TOS] Update on the new Teaching Open Source site

TOS Owner owner.tos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:44:22 UTC 2017

Dear TOS Community,

Thank you for your patience!  We are (finally) in the process of readying
the new site for release. We are currently in the beta testing phase and
plan a “soft launch” in a week or two.

By “soft launch” we mean:

   -

   the existing site will continue to be live (at the url
   old.teachingopensource.org) for ~1 month after we make the new site
   public
   -

   teachingopensource.org will be pointed to the new site
   -

   we will have a notice on the old site pointing people to the new one and
   asking them to update their bookmarks and grab any content that we haven’t
   migrated
   -

   there will be a notice on the new site with similar verbiage
   -

   for the “soft launch” we will tell the teachingopensource mailing list,
   but won’t make any big announcements to the general public (no large,
   blinking marquee lights or billboards)
   -

   won’t be making any big announcements about the new site

*Note that we will not be porting all content from the previous site.
*Therefore,
please review the old site (at *http://old.teachingopensource.org*
<http://old.teachingopensource.org/>) and identify any content that you
want to be ported to the new site. Please send email to
*owner.tos at gmail.com* <owner.tos at gmail.com> identifying the content that
should be migrated.

We will also be adding new content to the site, and we will be looking to
the Teaching Open Source community (that’s you!)  to help in that process
in the future.

Stay tuned!
TOS Admin