[TOS] Update on the new Teaching Open Source site

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 14:21:41 UTC 2017

Hi all --

I should clarify that old.teachingopensource.org isn't set up yet, but will
be before the soft launch, so in the meantime, everything is still
available at teachingopensource.org

thanks,

Gina

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM, TOS Owner <owner.tos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear TOS Community,
>
> Thank you for your patience!  We are (finally) in the process of readying
> the new site for release. We are currently in the beta testing phase and
> plan a “soft launch” in a week or two.
>
> By “soft launch” we mean:
>
>    -
>
>    the existing site will continue to be live (at the url
>    old.teachingopensource.org) for ~1 month after we make the new site
>    public
>    -
>
>    teachingopensource.org will be pointed to the new site
>    -
>
>    we will have a notice on the old site pointing people to the new one
>    and asking them to update their bookmarks and grab any content that we
>    haven’t migrated
>    -
>
>    there will be a notice on the new site with similar verbiage
>    -
>
>    for the “soft launch” we will tell the teachingopensource mailing
>    list, but won’t make any big announcements to the general public (no large,
>    blinking marquee lights or billboards)
>    -
>
>    won’t be making any big announcements about the new site
>
> *Note that we will not be porting all content from the previous site. *Therefore,
> please review the old site (at *http://old.teachingopensource.org*
> <http://old.teachingopensource.org/>) and identify any content that you
> want to be ported to the new site. Please send email to
> *owner.tos at gmail.com* <owner.tos at gmail.com> identifying the content that
> should be migrated.
>
> We will also be adding new content to the site, and we will be looking to
> the Teaching Open Source community (that’s you!)  to help in that process
> in the future.
>

> Stay tuned!
> TOS Admin

*Gina Likins *
University Outreach, Open Source and Standards
Red Hat
100 E. Davie St.; Raleigh, NC 27601
glikins at redhat.com
(919)890-8322 <(919)%20890-8322> or internally 48322