[TOS] Greetings from Colombia

pcoronado paulo_cesar at udistrital.edu.co
Tue Apr 18 15:59:02 UTC 2017

Greeting to everyone at Teaching Opensource community.

Following the instructions, I introduce myself to the community

I`m an electronic engineer with a master degree in informatics. Actually
i`m working as a teacher at the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de
Caldas in Bogotá, Colombia and as a consultant in Electronics and Software
engineering.

I only use Open Source Software (in my personal and professional life) for
about twenty years and I have first-hand knowledge about risks  in its
adoption such as organizational and political barriers, resistance to
change, cultural adaptation, among other things.  I personally have been
very closely involved in  open source development projects, mainly building
solutions based in federation of applications via web services.

My principal interest is to design a type of "adaptive" learning object
than can be used in 3D immersive learning environments (using opensim).

I think i can help Teaching Open source in different ways:

* Using the tools and teaching resources (translating it into spanish). An
giving feedback.
* Creating teaching resources in areas as: GIS, software engineering,
electronics, business intelligence and information security.
* Making a research in my area of interest.

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts.

Regards,

PAULO CESAR CORONADO