[TOS] Looking for an HFOSS project

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 01:30:15 UTC 2017

A couple, which may or may not fit HFOSS, but which are java and Github:

   - https://github.com/TEAMMATES/teammates -- they have suitable for
   beginner bugs (
   https://github.com/TEAMMATES/teammates/labels/d.FirstTimers) -- "TEAMMATES
   is a free online tool for managing peer evaluations and other feedback
   paths of your students. It is provided as a cloud-based service for
   educators/students and is currently used by hundreds of universities across
   the world."   (GPL)
   - https://github.com/OpenLMIS/open-lmis ipowerful, enterprise-class,
   open source electronic logistics management information system (LMIS)
   purpose-built to manage health commodity supply chains
   http://openlmis.org (AGPL3.0)

Can't vouch for either of them, but HTH,

gina

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 12:38 AM, Jim Bowring <bowring at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heidi -
>
> These are at least FOSS: https://github.com/CIRDLES
>
> - Jim
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 3:43 PM, Heidi Ellis <heidi.ellis at wne.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Before I go back to searching, would anyone happen to know of an active
>> HFOSS project that is written in Java and hosted on github?  I have
>> already exhausted the list here:
>>
>> http://foss2serve.org/index.php/HFOSS_Projects
>>
>> Thanks!!!
>> Heidi
>>

> --
> Jim Bowring
> C. Richard Crosby Distinguished Teaching Co-Chair
> Principal Investigator, www.CIRDLES.org, www.github.com/cirdles
> GitHub: https://github.com/bowring
>
> Computer Science
> College of Charleston
> 66 George Street
> Charleston, SC 29424
>
> Google Voice: 843.608.1399 <(843)%20608-1399> (preferred)
> Google Email: bowring at gmail.com
>
> Office:
> Harbor Walk East (360 Concord Street) Room 308
> 843.953.0805 <(843)%20953-0805>
> http://stono.cs.cofc.edu/~bowring/
> bowringj at cofc.edu
>
> R. Buckminster Fuller (1972):
> If humanity is to survive aboard our planet, it must become universally
> literate and preoccupied with inherently cooperative Comprehensive
> Anticipatory Design Science in which every human is concerned with
> accomplishing the comfortably sustainable well-faring of all other humans.

*Gina Likins *
University Outreach, Open Source and Standards
Red Hat
100 E. Davie St.; Raleigh, NC 27601
glikins at redhat.com
(919)890-8322 <(919)%20890-8322> or internally 48322