[TOS] Introduction mail (Venkat Lingala)

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Mar 21 23:22:10 UTC 2017

Hi venkat!

See below for my reply and please reply to all recipients.

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:01:17 -0400
venkat lingala <master.lingala at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello teachingopensource community,
>
> I am Venkat, currently pursing my masters in computer engineering and I am
> newbee to opensource development.
> Below are my skills:
> Languages: Java, Python, C/C++
> Frameworks: Spring, Angular JS
> Certification:
> Oracle Certified JAVA Professional
> Experience:
> Worked in Tata Consultancy Services as (hadoop developer/JAVA developer)
> for 15 months.
> Responsibilities:
> Implemented MapReduce programs using JAVA
> Analysed business data using HIVE,PIG tools
>
> Could you please help me in finding right project to work.

We can try. Do you want to work on a project of the "Teaching Open Source"
project or any open source project? I have a written a guide for how to start
contributing to open source here -
http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/How_to_start_contributing_to_or_using_Open_Source_Software
(it has many recommended links too). The best projects to contribute to are
often the ones which one has used or finds of interest.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish