[TOS] Fw: Two requests regarding the new site

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Oct 13 13:26:45 UTC 2017

Hi Matt,

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 08:28:08 -0400
Matt Jadud <matt at jadud.com> wrote:

> Dear Shlomi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:
>

> > OK, I want a redirect first.
> >

> In many projects, if you choose not to follow style, or the
> branch/commit/merge process, or any of a host of things, your contributions
> are rejected out-of-hand.

I know. But see below.

> Heidi kindly provided you with the resources you needed to do what you
> wanted.

Can I do a redirect? Not saying I cannot as I am not an expert. Note that I
have already written most of the article and published it in its original
location on the old wiki and linked to it there. Then the links to the article
got broken when the site moved to wordpress (supposedly to prevent spam, but
like I noted a similar measure can be done using mediawiki and other wiki
engines) and I wish them restored. I didn't ask for the switch to wordpress,
and I certainly do not desire the link getting broken.

> The people in this community are all passionate educators and open source
> contributors who are, at the end of the day, very, very busy. If you were a
> community manager for this group, how would you respond to a member of the
> list who insisted that their technology choice was a better one, and that
> they refused to contribute unless demands were met?

I didn't refuse to contribute as I already did. I'll see what I can do myself
about a redirect at the wordpress level.

Thanks!

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish