[TOS] Fwd: [Outreachy announcement] Outreachy internship applications open for May/Aug internships!

Sage Sharp saharabeara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 17:14:38 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Outreachy Organizers <organizers at outreachy.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 8:37 AM
Subject: [Outreachy announcement] Outreachy internship applications open
for May/Aug internships!
To: announce at lists.outreachy.org

Applications for the Outreachy May 2018 to August 2018 internships
are now open:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/

Outreachy is paid, remote, three month internship program that helps
people traditionally underrepresented in tech make their first
contributions to Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) communities.
Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 and a travel stipend of $500.

https://www.outreachy.org

The timeline for this round is:

Feb. 12, 2018   Applicants start making contributions to internship projects
March 22, 2018  Application deadline
April 23, 2018  Accepted interns announced
May 14, 2018 to Aug. 14, 2018   Internships period

Please read through the application instructions and eligibility
requirements carefully. The instructions have changed quite a lot since
the last Outreachy round.

Applicants will need to complete an eligibility form before they can
start working with mentors. Applicants will need to record their
in-progress contributions on the Outreachy website. Once one
contribution is recorded, applicants can start to work on the final
application for the internship project.

We currently have 13 Free and Open Source communities who are ready to
take contributions from applicants, and we expect to have about five
more join in the next couple of weeks.  We'll send another announcement
once we have their landing pages in place.

If you have any questions about eligibility after you fill out your
eligibility form, please contact organizers at outreachy.org. If you can't
get in contact with a mentor or you're having trouble choosing which
project(s) to apply to, you can contact our mentors mailing list at
mentors at lists.outreachy.org

Good luck applying!

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer