[TOS] IRC for a class or not

Joanna Klukowska joannakl at cs.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:54:12 UTC 2018

Thanks to everybody who responded on the list and off the list.
I am going to introduce students to IRC and get them to practice.
We'll see if they choose to use it on their own or if they default to
the more familiar tools for the communication.

I was looking for some active channels to show that "real" developers
actually use it and I found that gcc channel is very active (well, at
least today): irc.oftc.net/#gcc

Joanna

Joanna Klukowska, PhD
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NYU
Warren Weaver Hall, Room 423
joannakl at cs.nyu.edu
http://cs.nyu.edu/~joannakl/
Office hours (Spring 2018):
Monday 9:30am-11:00am, Thursday 1:30pm-3:00pm