[TOS] Hi community

Christopher Díaz Riveros chrisadr at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 19 01:21:24 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I've just subscribed here, let me introduce myself. My name is
Christopher Díaz Riveros, I'm 24 and I'm a software development student
from Lima, Peru. Next semester will be my last semester in a technical
institute named Tecsup. After that I want to finish my studies in
computer science, but I don't know where yet.

For a long time I have wanted to help FOSS projects, but I think I was
a little nervous about participating because I felt I was not prepared
for that, my first time using FOSS software was when I installed Ubuntu
in my laptop. A few months later I hopped into Manjaro, then Arch and
finally Gentoo linux. At that time I decided to start giving back to
the community and became a Gentoo developer, I'm part of the security
team. [1]

Since I was so excited about learning and discovering the FOSS world, I
decided to create my own community [2] where I try to help students
(young and old) to learn how to code and more important, how to
contribute to a FOSS community. I've written a few articles about
programming and GNU/Linux, Gentoo, and security.[3][4]

In the learning process, I helped to translate git to spanish, and
hopefully I'll be able to contact more FOSS communities to contribute.

Right now I'm contributing to the kernel community too, I'm helping the
kernel janitors with some static analysis, I've even submitted a couple
of patches.

In the future I want to work as security researcher, I'm learning how
to fuzz projects with libFuzzer and afl (and all the technicall
backgroud required to do that), I want to help FOSS communities by
making the code safer.

Well, that's me, I just want to thank you those that read till here.
:)

Pleased to meet you all,

[1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Security
[2]: http://codelabora.com/