[TOS] Hi community

Shobha Tyagi tyagishobha at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 10:26:25 UTC 2018

Hi Christopher,

I am personally really happy that you are here we can together a difference.

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Christopher Díaz Riveros
<chrisadr at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just subscribed here, let me introduce myself. My name is
> Christopher Díaz Riveros, I'm 24 and I'm a software development student
> from Lima, Peru. Next semester will be my last semester in a technical
> institute named Tecsup. After that I want to finish my studies in
> computer science, but I don't know where yet.
>
> For a long time I have wanted to help FOSS projects, but I think I was
> a little nervous about participating because I felt I was not prepared
> for that, my first time using FOSS software was when I installed Ubuntu
> in my laptop. A few months later I hopped into Manjaro, then Arch and
> finally Gentoo linux. At that time I decided to start giving back to
> the community and became a Gentoo developer, I'm part of the security
> team. [1]
>
> Since I was so excited about learning and discovering the FOSS world, I
> decided to create my own community [2] where I try to help students
> (young and old) to learn how to code and more important, how to
> contribute to a FOSS community. I've written a few articles about
> programming and GNU/Linux, Gentoo, and security.[3][4]

Great Job..
> In the learning process, I helped to translate git to spanish, and
> hopefully I'll be able to contact more FOSS communities to contribute.

I would need your help to train my students to contribute
translations. I am a faculty member and a Researcher
in a institute in India.

> Right now I'm contributing to the kernel community too, I'm helping the
> kernel janitors with some static analysis, I've even submitted a couple
> of patches.
>
> In the future I want to work as security researcher, I'm learning how
> to fuzz projects with libFuzzer and afl (and all the technicall
> backgroud required to do that), I want to help FOSS communities by
> making the code safer.

I am also researcher in the field of web application security. I think
you can help me too :P
Because I really wish to do real research and contribute to community.
> Well, that's me, I just want to thank you those that read till here.
> :)

You are most welcome. Hope to meet you in some POSSE workshop.

Thanks,
Shobha Tyagi
Assistant Professor
CSE, FET, MRIIRS formerly MRIU