[TOS] What makes a "good" open source project for Academic involvement?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 20:00:29 UTC 2018

Obviously, no teacher, class, or academic institution are the same, but
I'm curious to know what aspects of an open source community make it
"good" for you to connect your students with it.

Not looking to make a list of "good" communities, but rather, interested
in hearing what things that they do that made them a "good" fit. Are
there things that you wish open source communities would do more often
(or at all) to help make them more student/academic friendly?

I've got my own ideas here, but I'm interested in hearing this from an
academic perspective first. :)

Thanks in advance,

~tom