[TOS] What makes a "good" open source project for Academic involvement?

Becka Morgan morganb at mail.wou.edu
Mon Mar 5 21:52:23 UTC 2018

Hey Tom,

For me I have found that having mentored bugs is really helpful (ie,
Mozilla's bugsahoy). Having some easier bugs with mentors to walk students
thru the process has been invaluable to my students. Additionally having
people who are willing to speak virtually to my classes has given my
students a place to ask question along with the feeling that they are
valued by the community.

Thank you for asking!

Becka Morgan, PhD
Associate Professor
Division of Computer Science
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Western Oregon University
Email: morganb at wou.edu
*Pronouns: She, Her, Hers*