[TOS] What makes a "good" open source project for Academic involvement?

Heidi Ellis heidi.ellis at wne.edu
Tue Mar 6 00:23:31 UTC 2018

Having an identified contact would be really helpful.  Large projects
can have multiple forms of communication with a variety of people taking
lead roles in each. Figuring out where to begin asking questions is
key.  Someone who can provide direction when first getting started is
very helpful.  I find this especially true when looking at the junction
of two sub-communities. For instance, looking at the accessibility
aspects of a project. There tends to be one community that focuses on
the project and another overlapping community that focuses on the
accessibility aspects.

Just my 2 cents.
Heidi