[TOS] tos Digest, Vol 98, Issue 1

shivananda poojara shivananda.poojara at ritindia.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:21:35 UTC 2018

Hello All,

We are supporting and engaging my students to contribute or use open source
software in the academics wherever required, starting from documentation,
joining to mailing list, communicating in IRC and referring to wiki...

We normally conduct open source awareness sessions by students to their
juniors like open source principles, philosophy, what is HFOSS, how to use
got, IRC, identify open source projects and how to get connected.

I need to thank RedHat University Outreach program from Pune India, they
are mentoring four open source projects from last 8 months, where students
learnt many open source culture and contributed many patches.

These projects are under the verge of completion but again they are
involving thier juniors to continue.

We are very much happy that within three years of span our open source club
grown up from 11 memebers to 68 members.
Culture, environment and mindset about open source is initiated.

Thanks
Shivananda R Poojara