[TOS] Women in Open Source Award Nominations open through November 12, 2018

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 15:46:46 UTC 2018

Hi! We are actively seeking nominations for the 2019 Women in Open
Source Award. This award has two categories:

* Academic (women enrolled full time, earning 12 or more credit hours,
in college or university, at any degree level)
* Community (any other women)

Nominations are open through November 12, 2018. You can get more
information as well as the nomination form here:

  https://www.redhat.com/en/about/women-in-open-source

This is the fifth year of this award, created to recognize the
contributions that women are making and inspire a new generation to join
the open source movement.

Each winner receives:

 * Complimentary ticket, flight, and hotel accommodations for the 2019
   Red Hat Summit
 * USD $2500 stipend
 * Opensource.com feature article
 * Speaking opportunity at a future Red Hat event

Please consider nominating women who are making important contributions
to Open Source, and note: this is not limited to code contributions!

This year, our list of valid countries has grown:

Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada
(excluding the Province of Quebec), Chile, China, Colombia, Czech
Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India,
Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico,
Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Russia,
Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Uruguay

Additionally, employees, contractors, officers, and directors of Red
Hat, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and their
immediate families and those living in their households are not eligible
to enter. Government employees and contractor employees are also not
eligible to enter.

*****

We would greatly appreciate your help in nominating qualified women for
this award, but we would also appreciate your help in spreading
awareness about the Women in Open Source award, both on social media,
and within your academic institutions.

Thank you so much,

Tom Callaway