[TOS] any interest in activities to introduce FOSS projects?

Clif Kussmaul clifkussmaul at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:32:09 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

A year or so ago, I went to a library open house where students and faculty
demoed FOSS tools like Audacity, FreeMind, Inkscape, GIMP, & WordPress.
However, no one I talked to had participated in their project's community.
This seems like a missed opportunity, especially for someone who uses one
project heavily (e.g. a musician who uses MuseScore, a designer who uses
InkScape).

Thus, I'd like to develop some activities to help non-technical people learn
more about a specific FOSS project, and how to access it's online resources
and interact with the community. I plan to start with Audacity & MuseScore.
Please let me know if you have other project suggestions, or would like to
work together on such activities. My hope is that after the first few we can
create a template to make it easier to do more.

Clif
---
Clif Kussmaul   <mailto:clif at kussmaul.org> clif at kussmaul.org
<http://kussmaul.org/> http://kussmaul.org  +1-484-893-0255  EDT=GMT-5