[TOS] Outreachy May to August internships open

Sage Sharp sage at thesharps.us
Fri Mar 1 00:22:16 UTC 2019

Please pass the following internship opportunity on to your students!

---

Outreachy provides paid internships to work in Free and Open Source
Software (FOSS). The internships are completely remote! Interns are paid a
stipend of $5,500 and have a $500 conference travel stipend available to
them. The internship will run from May 20 to August 20.

You can apply by filling out an initial application and (once that's
approved) you'll make a contribution to a project. Applying typically takes
1-2 weeks. The application period is open through April 2, 2019.

https://www.outreachy.org/apply

We are currently offering projects in Ruby, HTML/CSS, UI / UX Design,
JavaScript, React, Python, C++, C programming, documentation, Linux,
Cryptography, Docker, and functional programming. The full list of
internship projects can be found at:

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/

Outreachy internships are open to applicants around the world. We expressly
invite women (both cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people to
apply. We also expressly invite applications from residents and nationals
of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American,
Hispanic/Latin@, Native American/American Indian, Alaska Native, Native
Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander.

Anyone who faces under-representation, systemic bias, or discrimination in
the technology industry of their country is invited to apply.

https://www.outreachy.org/apply/eligibility/

Sage Sharp
Outreachy Organizer