[TOS] any interest in activities to introduce FOSS projects?

Chris Aniszczyk caniszczyk at gmail.com
Sun May 12 18:14:13 UTC 2019

Depending what your goals are, I can recommend an old article I wrote here:
https://opensource.com/education/16/1/how-students-get-started-open-source

Google recently launched the Season of Docs which is like summer of code
but focused on documentation:
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/

The Linux Foundation recently launched CommunityBridge which you can think
of as "summer of code" as a service which you can use all year round for
projects (still in beta): https://communitybridge.org/
https://www.linuxfoundation.org/blog/2019/03/announcing-the-linux-kernel-mentorship-project-on-communitybridge-a-new-linux-foundation-platform/

I honestly thing having practical experience contributing to a welcoming
and inclusive open source projects would be the most useful thing for a
student. If there were any professors out there interested in using
CommunityBridge for this I'm happy to have a conversation, our intention
long term was for academia to potentially take advantage of this tool for
practical open source experience.

On a related note, I also help run the TODO Group which has a lot of open
source program management guides that may be useful to students to
understand how corporations use and contribute to open source:
https://todogroup.org/guides/

Anyways, happy to help!

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk