[TOS] Research about mentorship in OSS

Igor Steinmacher igorsteinmacher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 18:23:30 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

I have a student working on a study aiming to understand how mentors
recommend tasks for newcomers to OSS projects.
We conducted a set of interviews and uncovered some challenges and
strategies that can be used. To follow up, we are collecting some
impressions via a survey.

Given that we have a great set of instructors involved with OSS in this
list, I believe that some of you would answer our survey.
Therefore, we kindly ask you, if you have ever mentored someone in OSS
context, please answer our survey to help us:
https://forms.gle/KKo397WPNJ7Hw1PT8

Thanks in advance
--
Igor Steinmacher, PhD