[TOS] Exciting new (open source!) book about the open organization in education

Gina Likins glikins at redhat.com
Mon Sep 16 19:17:50 UTC 2019

All -

I'm delighted to share that there's a brand new book about how education
can be more open *and* that y'all know quite a few of the contributing
 authors!

The new book, entitled "The Open Organization Guide for Educators,"
features chapters from Aria Chernik, Heidi Ellis, Mukkai Krishnamoorthy (or
Moorthy, as most of us know him), and Wes Turner, who are all are all past
POSSE participants (or in Heidi's case, a fearless POSSE leader), along
with a slew of other authors [1], including yours truly.

The book is free to download (Creative Commons-license, of course!) here:
http://bit.ly/open-edu-book <https://t.co/QWAyt67F9X?amp=1> or you can have
your very own "dead tree" version by ordering an at-cost-print from
http://bit.ly/hard-copy-open-ed-book
Here's how the book is described:

What if we could build classrooms, departments, or entire educational
> institutions on the same values that power open source communities? What if
> we let open organization principles—like transparency, inclusivity,
> adaptability, collaboration, and community—guide our experiments in
> transforming education? How might that change the ways educators prepare
> students for life in an increasingly open world?
>

> In *The Open Organization Guide for Educators*, more than two dozen
> advocates for open education explore these important questions. Students,
> K‒12 teachers, university faculty, campus CIOs, and leaders of educational
> non-profits unite to explain the power and promise of a more
> student-centered, participatory, and inclusive approach to 21st century
> teaching and learning.

I hope you all check it out!  </shameless promotion>

Best to everyone,

gina

[1] And if I missed anyone I apologize -- I am not sure who all is on this
list!

--
*Gina Likins *
She / Her / Hers