[TOS] SIGCSE 2021 BoF Interest?

Wes Turner wdturner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 00:54:28 UTC 2020

Grant,

I might be interested, but my spare time is near 0, so I hate to commit.
Teaching 2 very large classes remotely in multiple time zones has me near
the breaking point.

Wes

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 11:02 AM Braught, Grant <braught at dickinson.edu>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With all the current travel restrictions and with SIGCSE 2021 being
> virtual the more chances we can generate to gather and share thoughts and
> ideas for how to engage students in open source the better, right?  Well
> the deadline for Birds-of-a-Feather submissions to SIGCSE (
> https://sigcse2021.sigcse.org/authors/bofs/) is fast approaching (October
> 23rd).  I am interested in submitting a proposal around ideas for engaging
> students in open source and wanted to reach out to see if others might be
> interested in working together on a proposal.  So, if you are interested or
> have thoughts on a theme (I have one or two as well) I’d love to have a
> talk and see if we can work together on this.  Please get in touch!
>
> Best,
> Grant Braught
> Professor of Computer Science
> Dickinson College

* Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D. * Director of the Rensselaer Center for Open
Source and Senior Lecturer | Department of Computer Science | Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute | 110 8th Street | Troy, New York 12180-3590 |
turnew2 at rpi.edu | (518)276-8184