[TOS] What are folks teaching related to open source in the fall?

Heidi Ellis heidi.ellis at wne.edu
Sun Aug 29 22:00:30 UTC 2021

Hi Folks,

As many academic institutions have or soon will start their fall terms,
I thought it would be fun to share any classes in which students are
participating in open source. In the interest of sharing materials and
seeing what people are doing, I'll begin.

I'm teaching a senior-level Software Engineering course. We're working
on software for the Western New England University food pantry (Bear
Necessities Market) which is part of the LibreFoodPantry community [0].
I'm hosting the class on GitLab [1]. I will be teaching a follow-on
capstone course which will contribute to Bear Necessities Market as well
[2].

Who else is teaching using open source?

Heidi

[0] https://librefoodpantry.org/