[TOS] What are folks teaching related to open source in the fall?

Jan Pearce pearcej at berea.edu
Mon Aug 30 00:18:07 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I am teaching an upper-level CS course called Open Source Software Engineering at Berea College. The students will be learning to contribute to Runestone Academy (https://runestone.academy/) which is a platform for free interactive CS and math books. Their repos are hosted on Github (https://github.com/RunestoneInteractive).

The last time I taught this course, one student team contributed "dark mode", which is now one of the most popular features on the site. Other teams increased the navigability, and
Still others made the site more accessible. My course is hosted on Github (https://pearcej.github.io/csc426/) and the previous offering is archived (https://pearcej.github.io/csc426/index-f19.html.)

Best,
Jan

Dr. Jan Pearce | Preferred pronouns: she, her, and hers
Chair, Computer Science Department,  (859) 985-3569
Professor, Computer and Information Science
Address: Berea College | Berea, KY  40404
Web: www.berea.edu/csc/faculty-and-staff/dr-jan-pearce/